5 Ways To Boost Your Finances

Recently, an interesting report has been released, which indicates that 70% of Americans are doing okay financially. However, that leaves a massive 30% of the population who aren’t quite so comfortable. Living costs continue to soar across the states and household luxuries such as cable TV continues to rise in price. So, if you’re looking to boost your income for an emergency situation or you’re after a few extra dollars in your bank account in time for Christmas, here’s 5 ways you can boost your finances.

Get creative

Americans love handmade, personalized gifts and the great news is that many items can be made cheaply and sold for a tidy profit. Think about making celebration cards, gifts for new moms and tasty sweet treats to sell online or at local events.

Remove a product

On average, Americans spend just over 5 hours a day watching TV and fork out $100.97 per month, but do you really need an all inclusive package? So many Americans watch only a handful of channels and the rest are left unwatched and unloved, but are still being paid for. Therefore, take time out from your day to contact your provider to ditch some of your services and save yourself a few dollars in the process.

Create a dollar jar

Keep a jar in a central location in your home and every time you have a dollar in your wallet, pop it in the jar. You’ll be amazed at how much money you manage to save over the course of a few months or even over a year. The money saved can then go towards a vacation, a day out with the family or on thanksgiving celebrations.

Utilize the internet

There are so many ways to make money on the internet that you’re sure to find something that works for you. If you’re a frequent online shopper, earning money via a cashback site could be perfect for you. These sites simply work by providing you with a small commission based on the value of the items your order online. Survey sites are also a great way to pass the time, share your views and opinions and make a passive income.

Ditch the morning coffee

When buying a coffee, Americans typically tip 20%, taking the cost of one cup of coffee up to $3.24. With 251 working days in 2018 that’s a whopping $813.24 a year spent just on your morning drink. If you can’t go without your morning caffeine fix, purchase a travel mug and take a coffee with you on your morning commute.

There are multiple ways Americans can boost their finances and making some simple switches and introducing a few small changesin your home can really benefit your bank balance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *